Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Beth Encore

Okay... so my first photo shoot with Beth produced a lot of images... I guess I want to share a couple more!

Beth's project was amazing. It was called, "In his shoes" and was a tribute to a friend of hers who is missing in action. She had these strips of white cloth with silhouettes of life images silk-screened onto them. Images of life he is missing. It was quite moving and quite beautiful.

But for me, it was a photographic nightmare! Let me see: bright white lights, in a very dark room, with white strips of cloth, with black figures on them... and my model dressed in black... and me shooting on manual mode. Arg!

But honestly, I wanted to do it because I like a challenge!

I like the look of black and white photography. And this shoot was almost black and white without it being shot in black and white, if that makes any sense. What I struggled with was not "blowing out" the light areas (the room lights were really bright) without losing detail. I also really liked trying to create the same silhouette-type images in the pictures that Beth created on her strips of cloth.

Again, Beth was really patient with me.

As was Bruce.

It is interesting to watch a pro shoot. Bruce has so much confidence... he knows pretty much what he wants and is able to communicate it well. He also thought of ideas that never crossed my mind. The image Bruce was taking on the right turned out really well... I wish I had a picture of it... but I took a picture of him taking the picture... and I really like it.

I like the silhouette of Bruce... but I like how the silhouetts of Beth's prints pop in this shot... despite the very bright light.


This is one of those pictures that I just like... I don't care if it is "good."

Okay, so I have no idea why I just blogged about these pictures... hope you enjoyed them and it wasn't a total waste of your time. :O)

No comments: