Sunday, December 18, 2005

sin

I'm sitting here watching my daughter. I've sort of made her a baby corral in the living room so she can somewhat roam free, but there are probably two things in the room that she should not touch.

Of course, you know where she is going, right?

Now seriously, we have never told her, "don't go there." She just intuitively goes there. Now, when she is there, of course, we have to drag her away for her own safety, but she goes right back.

Original sin is alive and well. Those who do not believe in the doctrine of original sin have never, ever, been a parent.

But she is one really, really cute sinner.

How is it possible to love someone so much even though they are rebelling against you...

I really do understand God more.

Got to go, my daughter is heading straight for my, "Gospel according to the Simpsons" book. She was playing in the fireplace before... and I let her...but you got to draw the line somewhere!

1 comment:

jared said...

I'm glad to hear you are establishing appropriate boundaries with your daughter.