Friday, March 30, 2007

A Winner!

Congratulations to Mdog on winning my first, "Name-the-Big-Jesus-Statue" contest. [Insert cheering and applause] We were all drawn to her initial entry, but her rough photoshop model put her over the top (remember that for future contests -- I'm a very visual person).

Mdog gets... LUNCH WITH ME! She is welcomed to invite a friend or two if she wants. So now you can start sucking up to her.

Mdog, break out your fork!

Now let's feast our eyes on the winning entry!










And now all we have to do is raise the money.

I suggest we start a prayer ministry. Now, I need some big hair and a nice suit and we are ready to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, a word to the wise: stupefyingly horrible photoshop graphics are completely acceptable for contest entries. oy. i cannot believe you posted that for the world to see.

er, i mean... woohoo! i won, i won! :D

paul said...

actually, YOU posted that for the world to see. And yes, it was not an example of supurb photoshop skill, but I (I mean, my committee of impartial experts) thought it was "refreshingly retro." It reminded me of Jake's "100-year-anniversary of Central" spots.

And I had decided you had won anyway and didn't want to drag this out.

I mean, woohoo! You won! You were the best! :D

Anonymous said...

I object. Your contest discriminated against working people! Some of us use our computers to work 8 hours a day.

Anyway, my contest entry was going to be Conservationist Jesus. At the corner of Central Ave. and Clark St. we would erect a Ronald-McDonald-like sitting Jesus, with arms crooked, and legs crossed, perfect for children to climb on. As we know, that's how you get to heaven. And sitting Conservationinst Jesus would save thousands of trees from mutilation by unsuspecting climbing children and those adults who care for their safety.

Sarah said...

Oh, this is a good day....

paul said...

Amy... I give you runner up, and will take you to lunch as well... relevancy is important to me. :O)