Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Funk

This has been the proverbial "one of those days." I tend to blog more on those days... so I'm not always depressed... it just seems that way. :)

Actually, I'm not all that depressed, just faced with the reality of life which is a lot less glamorous than the picket fence picture we paint in childhood.

Both my daughter and wife are sick. I was cleaning up baby vomit to start my morning. This transitioned into doing laundry. My wife is sick so I try as best as I can to make her comfortable. I work a bit from home, make lunch for us...and leave for my office.

I go to work and "one of those days" just continues. It was one of those times when you work and put in the time... and nothing happens. I missed a meeting. I got an email that could have been bad, but turned out manageable. I worked on a message... consisting of staring at a computer screen trying to make sense of stuff that made perfect sense the week before. I had a meeting with my creative team that I was so out of that it I felt it was a waste of their time. I was reminded that my worship leader is leaving and we have to find a replacement...

I came home to my sick wife and daughter...

I made dinner for Laura and me, fed Lydia, cleaned up dinner, clean up Lydia. I got her ready for bed... just in time for her to start crying again for mommy. So Laura got to put her to bed and cuddle with her (which is why you have kids...the 30 minutes putting them to bed... it makes up for all the time cleaning up vomit.)

So rather I sit here and type as a way to vent. As a way to connect. Maybe to others, maybe to God... maybe even to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, apparently, sometimes the grass is just pukier on the other side. ;) do you suspect i'll be flying solo for group tomorrow night?

you seemed a little funky today [this is not a comment on hygiene]. glad the email turned out okay, though. i hope tomorrow is less funky. love you, brother.