Wednesday, March 28, 2007

We need to do this!

Okay, let's keep our eye on the ball here and don't forget about the "Big Jesus" contest below, but I just HAD to post this. (From Dallas New Religion)

____________

Benny Hinn Ministries lays off 60

Benny Hinn Ministries is letting go about 60 call-center employees at its Grapevine headquarters. The work of taking calls for prayer requests and book and tape orders will soon be outsourced.

Spokesman Ronn Torossian says it's not an economy measure.

"The biggest issue is simply our ability to handle the incredible call volume at the hours and times it comes in from throughout the world," he said.

The laid-off workers will get severance packages and help finding new jobs, he added.

Benny Hinn is famous and controversial for his TV appearances, crusades and emphasis on faith healing and fund raising.

______

Yes... we need a Big Jesus AND we need to outsource our prayers. Those pesky tear off sheets. Those prayer emails. I have no time for prayer.

Which makes me wonder if Benny Hinn REALLY lays his hands on my prayer request and prays for me by name... with 60 full-time employees taking prayer requests.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was expecting you to suggest that WE take on Benny Hinn Ministries' prayer duties. He can pay us to pray for everyone, and we can use the money to finance Colossus Jesus. Or one of the other Jesuses.

Also, Paul, I'm beginning to think you're going crazy and I'm really looking forward to Sunday's service. :o)

Patrick said...

that dood has a sweet hairdew.