Friday, June 16, 2006

I have been put in my place

A friend of mine had some surgery this week on his vocal cords. I really felt bad that I could not be there at his surgery (AND that I had to miss it to sit through annual conference -- see previous posts), but I knew after the surgery he could not talk so calling him didn't make a lot of sense.

So I called him and left a message on his machine this afternoon. Told him how we should get together and talk. Went on and on about missing talking with him. [snicker, snicker]

I just got a phone call... and I checked my caller ID... it was from him! He was calling.

And I'm thinking, "How in the @#$@ is he calling me?"

I have very smart friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice.

it's creepy, isn't it?

paul said...

I think he should have used a sexy women's voice.

Anonymous said...

It was okay with me that you had to be at conference. Then I had a good excuse to take a day off work to take him for surgery.

paul said...

Yea, but I could have taken the day off...AND missed the boredom.

But nothing was better than when he had his wisdom teeth removed.

Nothing.

Anonymous said...

Well this time around there were no humorous comments while under sedation.

But you'll have to ask him about the sassy nurse.