Monday, February 04, 2008

Rick Warren and Stephen Colbert

I like Stephen Colbert. I like Rick Warren. I thought if you put them together, it would be amazing. It actually fell a little flat. You can watch it here

Now, I'm not a "talk about Jesus at every moment and make sure you mention the cross" kind of person, but in all honesty, I feel that Colbert was trying to give Warren an opening and Rick didn't take it. Now, Colbert may of thought of a good laugh line to what he thought Warren was going to say and was baiting him, but I'm not sure Rick was all that witty or took any risks. Anyway, comment if you would like. How should Christians handle this kind of thing (in case they ask me next week).

4 comments:

Andrew Luis said...

The openning was there. Interesting a man who does many public interviews almost didnt seem to know how to handle that one.

Trevor said...

I didn't like the dufus comment. I thought it lacked class and came across as someone who is not funny trying to be funny. Maybe Rick's not funny. It's not his purpose in life. :-)

Sarah said...

I dunno, Paul... every time I hear you speak in public, you're always mentioning Jesus, or talking about "the cross"....

JC said...

Interesting interview. I'm sure it's hard to sit across from Colbert and give a great interview. His methods seem to be keeping the other person off balance just a little. But, Rick seemed to be trying to outwit Colbert at his on game and it didn't work.