Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just too cool

I was a Public Relations major in college and really into advertising. I honestly thought I was going to make ads for a living. I am still very intrigued by advertising, maybe now for a different reason (they create need for stuff we don't need). But I think ads often tap into the most creative minds in our world today. And I would love the team process!

BTW, I think the ads are the best part of the superbowl. Back in my youth ministry days I used to have anti-superbowl parties... we would mute the game and watch the ads. Dozens of kids would come to not watch the superbowl. Yea, it was weird.

Anyway, I just think this ad is really, really cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way, having also been an ad major. Every once in a while I get some great idea and briefly consider calling Duetch or DDB Needham and telling them all about my awesome ideas for a great I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Then I go back to grant writing and mediating arguments between 9 year olds - both of which I'm roughly as good at as I am at copywriting - these are two exciting lines of work - and one is infinitely more profitable. But one makes a more interesting difference in the world. I imagine you'd say something similar abut your path...?

paul said...

Oh... I'm making a boatload of cash in ministry. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, you could always go Joel Osteen and start charging at the door :)

Caroljean said...

interesting background...i had no idea...
sorry for the confusion earlier...i'm an OU mom - our daughter Leah attended your church... now she studies in Europe until 11/08... another masters... she IS planning a wedding at the OU chapel in March '09! Another connection is that your assoc. pastor, Jim, came from my church in Piqua!