Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On Vacation

This is the view from where I type these words. I'm at my parents house in Florida. We spent the evening yesterday setting up wireless internet for them so now they can "surf in Florida." And... well...so can Laura and I so there was a side benefit. (Although my email program is closed, and will remain so, until I return. Blogging is not work.)

By the way, the weather here was great yesterday; 82 and sunny. Today is a bit overcast and right now it's cold (well, it's just shy of 70, so "cold" is relative), but that is often the case in the morning. Today is suppose to be the worst day of the week... then it promises to pick up. Laura actually has a conference call today, so I will just lounge around the pool and read my latest novel. Here's hoping my friends in Athens enjoy their day at work. I hear you had snow. Sad. So sad.

(Now come on, half the fun of being on vacation in a warm climate is gloating to those of you still stuck in Ohio... so let me enjoy my fun here. :)

Okay, nothing profound to write... just wanted to say hi. I suspect I will post more as the week goes on (as I'm on vacation) but for now, I think it's back to Grisham.

14 comments:

Rabbit-tracking Husband said...

Snow? What snow? I hear Columbus got pounded, but we actually had 80 degree weather; it was great! Oh, Athens county is also passing out local cash vouchers, the restaurants uptown have declared all week as "free lunch week", and the entire campus decided that drinking was overrated and have committed to investing their booze money into the local churches around Athens...Sorry, so sorry, you're missing it.

=P

Anonymous said...

show off. :) i hope you're enjoying your time away. try not to think about the email piling up in your inbox or the voice messages that will take an hour to get through and two weeks to return.

[sjw makes a mental note to send paul countless pictures and weather updates of her next winter vacation in FL]

~Lauraborialice said...

I want to be there right now!! where I am it is icy and very cold!! But I guess you deserve your vaca.. And i'll get one someday.. :-) Have a great time!! :-)

Sarah said...

...And as an added bonus, Patrick and I have the FLU! Really wish you were here, Paul!

Ty said...

mmm sunny florida... you may gloat, but the time will come and revenge is saweet!!! although in a nice non god angering way of course. =)

Unknown said...

all this talk about revenge and getting back... do you guys listen to anything I ever say... or do you just watch what I do? :)

going to the beach tomorrow...

tonight... it's an Indian Restaurant and some mini-golf.

got to run.. I have nothing to do.

Trevor said...

my folks live in florida too. your picture seriously could have been taken from their lanai by the pool. i guess one place in florida is the same as any other. :-) they're in cape coral.

mdog said...

you'll get yours next week, my friend.

}:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having a great time in Florida, Paul.

Jared and I managed to get away from Athens last weekend and we will again next weekend, but as we aren't leaving Ohio, it's not nearly as exciting. Still, vacation is vacation. :o)

paul said...

Hey Trevor.... my parents are in Cape Coral too! So this canal looks like your parents' canal... well, because it is! (Of course, there are a "couple" of canals in Cape Coral, as you know.

jared said...

Yeah, Athens is soooo warm! Look at this morning's beautiful, sunny, oh wait, that's snow!

paul said...

NICE.

[writes this sitting in the sun, by the pool... about to leave for the beach]

Trevor said...

small world, paul. enjoy the rest of your time down there.

we'd love to have you visit on sunday. we gather at 5:30. i'm busy prior to our gathering time, but i'd love to grab a bite to eat afterward. if your whole family is coming, let me know and i'll arrange with my family. if you're on your own then we can just grab a bite together.

let me know.

Unknown said...

just me.