Monday, March 27, 2006

Okay, so I'm not impressed with Apple

So those of you who known me for over a year know that when I got my Apple Powerbook I was overjoyed. I could not brag enough about it. So now I need some help... it seems to be running slowly... and I can't tell you how UNDERwhelmed I am with Apple Care and technical support. The Apple store in Columbus tells me I need to call Apple Care. Apple Care tells me I need to make a reservation with a "Mac Genius" in the Colubus store...and the process is a pain. And so far, the people have been pretty rude.

I'm really, really not impressed.

So Thursday I go to Columbus and meet with my "Mac Genius." Well, I don't know that because you can't make a reservation until THAT DAY. OR I can pay and join a group that allows you to make a reservation a week in advance... of course I already paid $250 for Apple Care. And you have to do that at the store.

Did I say I'm not impressed with Apple? I'm really, really not impressed.

Okay, so the customer service better shine on Thursday or Apple will lose a big fan. And a repeat customer.

Whatever happened to nice people?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats the rub sometimes, i've always had a wonderful experience with them. The fact that they'll fix your stuff onsight, a lot of times while you wait is actually pretty cool.
Getting my xbox fixed was a pain in the butt.

Anonymous said...

rethinking that product placement opportunity?