Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Is there a solution?

I just read about a guy in Batavia who shot a 15 year old boy for walking on his lawn. Wow. What do you do with this? No sane person would do this right? But is it enough to just say, "Not guilty by reason of insanity?"

So I wonder if "they guy who lived alone" had had a community of people who loved and visited him and stopped in and checked on him... who talked with him about his lawn concerns...I wonder if the story would have been different? And where are those people? I mean, I barely have enough time for my life it seems... but...

Wow.

1 comment:

jared said...

I don't know about insane, but something is clearly wrong with the man. When I read the news on any given day I ask myself these same questions along with "why would someone do this?" and "how could they?" It brings to mind the Mineral, Ohio man who shot his wife to death with an AK-47 in front of his kids a few weeks ago. What has to take place in someone's life to bring them to this point?