Sunday, March 19, 2006

Naps

Naps are one of the greatest inventions yet. I'm guessing all my readers have tried this amazing innovation, but if not... I have a simple question: What the @#$@ do you have to do that is more important? I mean, really? Not work I hope. You can't be that important that you have to work every day, right? I guess you could just lay around, but that is pretty close to napping so you might as well just shut your eyes for an hour or two.

Do you think God sat around one day and said, "You know, I think on Sunday afternoons I'm just going to flip this switch and they will all sleep -- that way I can get some shut eye too!" If I were God, I think I would arrange that. Fortunately for all involved, I'm not.

Are you SURE that isn't happening? I mean, how would you know? You are sleeping! Maybe you only THINK others are awake. And maybe when you shut down, God turns off the sun too (or at least powers it down). He sends out the night janitor team to walk through your brain and sweep out all the stuff that needs cleaned out. Polishes up the brass. Changes bulbs.

"On the seventh day God rested from all of His work."

This was a good idea.

2 comments:

mdog said...

so. random.

i do love the naps.

jared said...

You're making me sleepy.