Thursday, January 24, 2008

Job posting from Hell

So... if I were to die and go to hell, this is the church I would be leading...

_________________________

Post Date : 1/15/2008
Location :

PASTOR:
Pastor centered congregation, Reformed Church in America, Fishers, IN, 150 in worship, seeks a pastor who enjoys being with people of all ages and backgrounds. Our pastor leads us in worship, preaches, and equips us as followers of Jesus to reach out to our community.

Contact Information:
Christ's Community Church
John DeKam

_______________________

Translation: Church is looking to pay someone to do it all. You are the Dancing Bear. You must lead everything from children's ministry and Senior Citizens. You will plan worship, lead singing, do all he readings, preach (probably Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night) and don't ask us to do anything because the answer is no. And the offering is after the message so if the message sucks, we won't give.

Sign me up.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am against a dancing bear, ethically. A dancing pastor could be fun, though (especially if there was a tutu involved)....

mdog said...

actually, we were going to talk to you about a 'position restructuring,' paul...

paul said...

Actually, I was going to talk to you about my using your cover letter for my resume I'm sending out. :)

Andrew Luis said...

I thought it was the fact that it was a reform chruch

bflick said...

how much does it pay? to live in hell?