Friday, September 28, 2007

What sustained me...

From one of the books Mdog lent me to get me through the "post surgery days," I give you:

"Great Lies to tell Small Kids."

Rain is Jesus' wee-wee
Wine makes mommy clever
Milk feels pain
A slice of cheese will play a short film about cows if you insert it into a DVD
One in ten fish are afraid of water
Mugs are just cups who've been to the gym
If you try a vegetable, you might like it
It was grandpa who burned all your Barney videos, not us
Most birds wear parachutes in case they suddenly forget how to fly
You know the mug in the Kitchen? The one that says "World's Greatest Dad?" There are only 3 in existence. They are awarded just once every 100 years.

4 comments:

mdog said...

ha! and ultimately you can thank rachel for getting me the book in the first place. :)

Carrie said...

Very very cute.
~Always~

Andrew Luis said...

The one about cheese in the dvd player is true!

ls118003 said...

My favorite when I was little was a fun game Dad had us play when we were getting rowdy and (I'm sure) annoying... it's called "Coma".

"Ok you guys ... let's play Coma!! Let's see who can lay still the longest without moving or making any noise at all. Daddy will lay on the couch and play with you."

My brother and I thought it was great.

It was only until like 4 years ago I realize that it was merely a ploy to get us to shut up for 5 minutes.

Genius.