Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shameless Begging

I'm going to be doing a message on forgiveness in a couple of weeks. I would like to include some real stories of people who have experienced forgiveness: either you forgave someone who offended you, or received forgiveness from someone you hurt.

Would you take a moment and share your story of being forgiven or forgiving someone?

These need to be kept to a paragraph or two. It would include some details of why you needed to forgive (or be forgiven), and a bit of the struggle to forgive. A key to them is to have the concept of "Before I forgave (or was forgiven I felt...)" and "After I forgave (or was forgiven I felt..." ) So, as an example... as a part of your story it may read something like:

"Before I forgave him, I carried around a lot of anger and resentment. It affected not only my marriage, but my relationship with others and, ultimately, my relationship with God. Now I feel the freedom to love again... not only him, but also God and my husband."

I would really appreciate your contribution. It may or may not be used.. but in any case, reading them will inform my thinking as I write. The key is that there is a time crunch of only a couple of days -- really the sooner the better. I need these by September 17 at the latest.

Feel free to reply anonymously.

1 comment:

paul said...

and yes, to those of you sending this to my email, that is okay too. thanks