Monday, September 17, 2007

Trade in

Tonight I feel like a failure as a parent. As I write this, my daughter is eating...finally. But this was an evening of temper tantrums, screaming, whining... and that was just me. Then there was my daughter.

If you have never had kids you can't understand the frustration. I'm sorry. I used to hate when my friends would say that before I had kids... but it's just true. There are some things you can't appreciate until they happen to you. But the frustration of hearing your kid screaming... and you can't stop her... wow.

The problem is it is a mix of things. She is hungry (but won't eat). She is tired, but can't go to bed. She missed her mom... can't do anything about that. And probably a good deal of it is around my limited mobility... I can't direct her or play with her or even pick her up.

Yep, parenting is a joy, but it can be hard.

1 comment:

mdog said...

surely she isn't still under warranty...