Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sin

"What always drives us, at the soul level, is that if I believe that I cannot trust God to care for the satisfaction of my soul, then I will take my soul's satisfaction into my own hands."

John Ortberg, "My Holy of Holies"



“Failure to attain a deeply satisfying life, always has the effect of making sinful actions look good.”

Dallas Willard, "The Spirit of the Disciplines"



"To the extend at which you have authentic joy, then temptation (which is always the offer of the illusion of joy) is just not going to be very tempting."

Some pastor

3 comments:

ls118003 said...

Yeah ... at the time I thought the title was funny, but I guess I'm the only person that understands it, so I have a feeling some editing is going to happen within the next 24 hours.

Honduras sounds amazing ... I went to Haiti in high school and it was one of the best spiritual growing experiences in my life.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I really like this Dallas Willard quotation.