Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My job

There are days when being a pastor is hard. I'm often involved in the messiness and pain of people's lives and my hours are anything but regular. I sometimes get "projected onto me" all the problems people have with authority figures, as I am a safe authority figure, unlike their father who abused them, or their teacher who neglected them, etc. And there is a spiritual warfare that happens to those in Christian leadership (especially those of us who teach regularly) that can only be experienced, never described. To be honest, being a pastor is sometimes just really hard.

But then I have nights like tonight. Tonight our creative team (me and 6 people I just really love a lot) spent about two hours together, as we do every Tuesday night. The funny thing is, this is clearly part of my "work." It is part of my job that I'm actually PAID to do!

We are supposed to be together to plan our worship services, and we do that, but we seem to have a LOT of fun in the process. And there is no doubt in my mind that I would do this for free. In fact, I would pay money to be a part of this group.

So to Jared, Beth, Maria (mdog!), Tobias, Jake and Kevin... I want to tell you that you not only make Central and our worship better, you make my life so much better. I really do love you guys, and I'm so privileged to work with you... and to have you as friends. I am the luckiest guy in the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"In fact, I would pay money to be a part of this group."

i can arrange for that, you know.

ct is a great time. i'm glad to be a part of it with everyone.

jared said...

Hmm, charging a fee. I hadn't thought of that. This could significantly increase our media budget.

ct is real, and it's real fun, with real people, really creative people. that's what makes for a good time.

Sarah said...

Sigh... I used to have meetings like that. It's the only thing I miss. (Well, not THE only thing...)