Friday, January 13, 2006

Help me Walk?



I'm Paul's daughter, and I'm at that stage where I'm trying really hard to walk...

But I can't.

And you really can't help me.

But you CAN help my daddy walk!

This Saturday he is participating in Good Works "Walk for the Homeless." Good Works is an amazing organization here in Athens that works to change the lives of many struggling with poverty in rural Appalachia. They provide "biblical hospitality" through The Timothy House (the only shelter for the rural homeless in the 9 counties of southeastern Ohio) and through the Hannah House (a long term residential care-community).

But they don't just provide housing. Good Works is involved in job programs, creative volunteer service opportunities, community development ministries... they are making a huge difference in this area.

As part of the Walk, Good Works is asking each walker to find 10 sponsors to contribute a minimum of $10 to help support the ministry of Good Works. My daddy would like to find 100 sponsors.

Would you consider sponsoring him for the walk?

You can donate by sending a $10 check (or more) to:

Good Works
P.O. Box 4
Athens, OH 45701

Or you can donate on line-by going to their web site and click on "Make a Donation." Also, take a second to surf their site and see what they are about. Please drop daddy a note and tell him if you are going to sponsor him.

1 comment:

mdog said...

she looks like she's in the middle of doing the "thriller" dance.

awesome.