Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Laura S shoot, the sequel

Well, Laura was a real sport, I needed the practice, and I actually had an hour of time free...so I grabbed my camera, ignored the rotten light and we made the best of it.

I am learning more how to tell people to move... and although I gave one direction pretty poorly (which caused lots of laughter and will remain between Laura and me) I think I did better this time. I came up with some new ideas, tried some new things, and am feeling more comfortable giving direction.

And Laura did a fantastic job.

Maybe it will just take me shooting tons of pictures and working with lots of people.

Again, if you don't mind, surf on over to my Flickr account and tell me what you think.


2 comments:

Valor said...

Paul you are learning photography the best way....by doing!!! Many years ago [ Go ahead and ask me how old I am!!! ] that's how I learned a lot about it....though before I got my SLR I read a lot books on the subject which included composition....Plus several years later after the purchase I did take 2 black and white photography courses at the local JR college.....Maybe you could find a digital photography at OU??

j.doc said...

i really like the look of some of your shots. you also might want to do some 3/4 face shots & profiles. i think laura's got great bone structure for it. nice work.