Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Life on the couch

As a part of my recovery from surgery, I can't use my quadriceps muscle in my right leg for 6 weeks. Basically, what that means is, if I want to move, someone must move me. This can be quite humbling and even a bit humiliating, as I am dependent on everyone.

In the midst of this, there is a certain amount of trust that must take place. For one: I have to trust that people won't drop my leg. But there is yet, even a deeper trust. People can wonder around my house and I can't see them. They can play with your stuff when you are not looking. You can't get to, or even keep an eye on your stuff... so you have to trust that your friends, for example, won't play with your camera.

6 comments:

~Lauraborialice said...

I do some somedays and some other days..

mdog said...

bwaha

Sarah said...

Some of us you can't even lock out... we come and go at will.

Jennifer said...

I'd forgotten about that one already...hope it made you laugh...not that I had anything to do with it...

Jennifer said...

In fact, what makes you think that picture was taken by someone who doesn't live in your house? I think Lydia may be the culprit. ;o)

jared said...

Nothing like a little percocet to keep the kiddies happy.