Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The bill

I just got the bill for my knee surgery. Actually, it's not that bad, or at least as much as I thought it would be. The total was $19,455.30.

If you are interested, this includes several charges, including, but not limited to:

Operating Room Services = $12,315
Anesthesia = $1,454
Recovery Room = $4,743 (This seemed really high to me, but I slept through most of it.)
And $104 for "Physical therapy" -- a person who spent about 10 minutes teaching me to use crutches.

We will have a special offering Sunday. I expect all of you to "reach in them jeans and pull out them greens."

What do people do without insurance? A good blog post itself.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow. Glad I'll be out of town on Sunday ;o)

Very glad you have insurance....

jared said...

Good thing it doesn't work like car insurance where your rates go up with big claims. "Sorry, but your monthly health insurance is now $7,000 because of your recent claim. Try to be more careful, and if you avoid any injuries for the next seven years, maybe we'll drop your rates a bit."

Carrie said...

That's 19455 and 3/10 frostys from Wendy's! A lot of them!
That would keep you from getting a sugar craving for a few hundred years.
~Always~