Saturday, November 18, 2006

Play

So I was looking over some old posts... reminiscing I guess... and I came across this one. And I decided that I wanted to host a night where we play tag, or hide and seek, or kick the can, or do a scavenger hunt. I used to do this stuff all the time when I was in youth ministry... I see no need to quit just because I'm not. Truth is, there is no reason an "adult" can't play games. Although there are not a whole lot of 39 year olds playing hide and seek in our neighborhood.

But maybe there should be.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for sardines, love that game!

Andrew Luis said...

We could play big kid games like PAINT BALL. Guys verse girls. Dont get to cocky boys if beth Kroner is in I hear shes a good shot.

jared said...

I'm not sure I've got the guts to go up against Beth in paint ball. Maybe if Destry is on our team. :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm in. you should see me with a 12-gauge.

paul said...

okay, you all are missing the point! (except for Velk...I love that game too.)

Why do we need to play "big kid" games? Why do they always need to be complicated with equipment? Or violent (yikes, Mdog!).

I am serious... when do we relegate play to "big people" games?

Anonymous said...

i get it, i was just having fun. there is always my suggestion from the other night... although thinking about a big game of hide and seek makes me smile. i say the first weekend in december we do it. or something like it.

Andrew Luis said...

Your missing the point we can afford all that sweet equipment now. Thats the beuty of it.

Jennifer said...

Paul: I think this is a great idea--I miss playing capture the flag, ghost in graveyard, and hide and go seek. I think those games can actually be more fun than "grown up" games...

Definitely let me know if this happens.

jared said...

Most kids games, like hide and seek, capture the flag, tag, simon says, etc. can be played with paint ball guns! But I'm in even without the guns.