Monday, November 27, 2006

About to fly...




Items prohibited from aircraft cabins:

The following items will not be allowed through the security checkpoint. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive. In addition to items specifically listed here other items that may be deemed to present a potential threat may also be prohibited.

Ammunition
Automatic weapons
Axes
Baseball bats
BB guns
Billy clubs
Blackjacks
Blasting caps
Bows and arrows
Box cutters
Brass knuckles
Bull whips
Cattle prods
Compressed air guns
Corkscrews
Cricket bats
Crow bars
Disabling chemicals or gases
Dog repellent spray
Dynamite
Fire extinguishers
Flare pistols
Golf clubs
Gun lighters
Gunpowder
Hammers
Hand grenades
Hatchets
Hockey sticks
Hunting knives
Ice axe/Ice pick
Knives (any length)
Kubatons
Large heavy tools (such as wrenches pliers etc.)
Mace
Martial arts devices
Meat cleavers
Metal scissors with pointed tips
Numchucks
Pellet guns
Pen knives
Pepper spray
Pistols
Plastic explosives
Pool cues
Portable power drills
Portable power saws
Razor blades (not in a cartridge)
Religious knives
Replica weapons
Revolvers
Rifles
Road flares
SCUBA knives
Sabers
Screwdrivers
Shot guns
Ski poles
Spear guns
Starter pistols
Straight razors
Stun guns/shocking devices
Swords
Tear gas
Throwing stars
Toy transformer robots (this toy forms a toy gun)
Toy weapons

I'm really glad they listed some of these... I was about to take my bull whip and throwing stars on the plane with me.

Damn.

2 comments:

jared said...

This reads like a Letterman Top 10 list. "Top 10 incendiary devices not to take on a plane." I like how knives are listed five times with various adjectives, just in case "knives" wasn't clear enough. "But officer, this is a fillet knife!" Alas, I guess I'll leave my disabling chemicals at home, but I'm bringing the enabling chemicals.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the handbook from my high school that listed "missles" amongst knives, guns, drugs and such, for the items forbidden at school.


"Excuse me Johnny, but you'll have to leave your Scud at home."