Monday, July 24, 2006

Biking for a purpose

By the way, I made a decision the other night. For the first time in my life, I want to physically train for something. I have decided that, next summer, Laura and I are going on a bike tour. Most likely of Maine. It's one of those things were you ride 20 miles or so a day... and then visit towns, etc. A friend of mine is doing this in a couple of weeks and when he told me my eyes lit up and I decided.... "I want to do that."

So I'm biking with a purpose.

Now I need to learn basic bike maintenance.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Paul, now you went and made me very jealous. I've always wanted to try a bike tour!

That's an awesome idea, by the way, to have a very fun goal to aim towards that also acts as a reward....

I took a basic bike maintenance class through Cycle Path. They teach you some basic skills one on one. They also have more advanced classes too.

I'm very thrilled that the biking thing is working out for you, Paul.

jared said...

If the two of you would like someone to bike through Maine with, I might know a couple of other cyclists who would be into joining you. :-)