Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's not like I didn't have the opportunity...

Tomorrow I will be 14,180 days old.

It's funny to think of it that way. I've had 14,180 sunrises/sunsets to watch. 14,180 days to grow, think, reflect about life. I have changed... actually, I have grown a lot. I don't say that arrogantly, but I have learned sometimes hard lessons and now live/think differently because of them. I worry less, trust more, think more about others than I used to (I was too busy thinking about myself.) And I'm not as concerned with my image and what others think of me... and more concerned about what God thinks of me.

But man... you would think that with 14,180 days I would be further along by now!

Just fyi, you can find out how many days old you are and share your reflection on this question:

What is the more important lesson you have learned in your days?

"Teach us to number our days aright, so that we may gain a heart of wisdom."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In 100 days, I'll roll over to 1000 on my life-ometer. Seems very momentous and probably requires a party, don't you think?

I'm not sure whether I've really "learned" this lesson, because I don't consider myself to have learned something until I can consistently put it in practice, but I'm learning that avoiding short term pain/hardship that I know would lead to a long term benefit is a very bad way to live. If I know I'll regret it later, then I probably shouldn't do it.

Anonymous said...

The above was me, btw.

Anonymous said...

And I meant to write 10,000. I passed 1000 quite a while back. :)