Saturday, February 18, 2006

Post Cruise Blog



I was going to title this the, "Post cruise, sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight" blog... but that was just way too long.

Well, I just got done with my first cruise and it was quite an experience. What they say about all the food is true... there is SO MUCH food it is almost, well it is, obscene. I didn't even eat all that was offered... we skipped meals, skipped courses... there is NO WAY a human being can consume that much food... but so many people did. I don't think I gained the 5-10 lbs people say you gain on a cruise, I actually worked out about 2 hours a day... I think I did pretty well in self control!

Some observations:

1. That is one honking big boat. Really. I'm serious. If you have never been on a cruise ship, you have no idea. It's like an 18 story building floating on water.

2. No matter how big the boat, God is bigger. It's amazing how small you feel as a speck in the vast ocean.

3. It would be tough to be an alcoholic and be on a cruise ship. They push alcohol really, really, hard. REALLY hard. I've never tasted the stuff, so it's not a temptation for me to abuse, but I'm an addict in so many ways this one could easily happen.

4. Never get an inside cabin if you like solitude (because it is one of the places you will spend time in solitude). A balcony rocks. My parents had one... we didn't. So we hung out in there room, but mornings were hard because there was no sun. Very dark. BUT, if you don't think you will spend time in your room and you are a party person... who cares, right?

5. Did I mention the food? Gosh.

6. People are really interesting... as much as there was beautiful scenery, I had much more fun shooting pictures of the locals and saying hi.



I will blog more later, they are calling my flight soon.

No comments: