Wednesday, November 16, 2005

An Easy Life

In the last 4 days I have worked about 60 hours. I am really tired. Some of it has been office work, but some of it has been emotionally draining "people work." I was driving home last night and I was thinking, "Why am I so tired?" when I realized I had put in a full week's work in 3 days. I don't say that for pity... and I'm not a work-a-holic. In fact, most weeks I work a pretty standard 50 hours like everyone else. This is just a busy season for me. And the end is near.

I spoke with my brother tonight. He is really struggling. He works from 8-6 driving for Fed Ex. He goes home to be with his family until 9 and leaves to work for Lowes from 10-6 am. He sleeps, at best, 2 hours a day. They just found his wife has cancer... and they don't have insurance.

The working poor have it tough. If he didn't work he could get all kinds of help, but because he makes "too much money" he gets pretty much nothing.

My life is easy.

1 comment:

jared said...

I'm sorry to hear about your brother and his wife. I will pray for them. I know what you mean about having it easy. I didn't feel well today, so I just called in sick. I still get paid for today. I don't have to worry about how I'm going to pay my bills tomorrow. I realize how blessed I am. My life too is easier than I often feel it ought to be.