Saturday, April 02, 2011

One year.

Today is the one-year anniversary of my dad's death. Oddly enough, this morning I woke up at 5:32 am, the time my mom called to tell me dad died. I suspect the day will pretty much be as it is most weekends: House of Breakfast date with my daughter, work during the afternoon, Saturday evening service, dinner and hang out with Laura in the evening. And as of right now, I don't feel particularly sad or melancholy. But there is no doubt that my life is not as rich as it was when dad was around.

I hear my daughter talking. It's time for a date. Because everyone needs a secret store.

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Typical reflective post from a pretty reflective guy. Hang in there and focus on things that are true. Perhaps celebrate when you might otherwise turn inward.

Joel said...

Yeah. I know what you mean. Of course, I have not made the anniversary, yet, but ... I have days when I miss Pop a lot. Other days, it's more like a strengthening that I have known him.

I'm feeling your pain, my friend. Thanks for the reflections.

Carol said...

I have just run across your blog. Can't remember how...but I'm glad I did. Normally I don't post a comment but I didn't want you to think that your words are just hanging in the air. Sometimes words are seeds that find furtile ground.

paul said...

thanks Carol.

seolol said...

We alls have any date.
I remember my grandmather