Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Wow

I have cursed the man that you have made me,
as I have nursed the beast that bays for my blood.
Oh, I have run from the one who would save me.
Save me Hosanna!

O Hosanna! See the long awaited king, come to set his people free.
We cry O Hosanna! Come and tear the temple down. Raise it up on holy ground. Hosanna!

You have crushed beneath your heel the vile serpent.
You have carried to the grave the black stain.
You have torn apart the temple’s holy curtain.
You have beaten Death at Death’s own game.

Hosanna! O Hosanna! Hail the long awaited king, come to set his people free.
We cry O Hosanna! Won’t you tear this temple down, raise it up on holy ground.
O Hosanna! I will lift my voice and sing: you have come and washed me clean. Hosanna.

Andrew Peterson (Resurrection Letters, volume II)

3 comments:

paul said...

From the song, "Hosanna" -- which is both a word of praise and a cry for help.

mdog said...

:)

i <3 this post

:P

Daniel said...

Powerful and beautiful and sharp. Thanks for putting this out there.