Sunday, June 08, 2008

Homesick Already

I'm leaving for a week-- first to Annual Conference then to Chicago for the Willow Arts Conference. Where I'm really looking forward to the week ahead, I'm a bit sad about leaving. My wife and I have had a great week together. I didn't preach this week... so I'm feeling really rested. And last night, when I explained to my daughter about me being gone for a week ("I will be gone, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday..."etc.) she looked at me and said, "Well, I'll really miss you, Daddy. Does that mean we won't have breakfast together on Saturday?"

[insert sound of my heart breaking]

To my blog readers who are local... feel free to check in on my wife. You might want to cook for her... popcorn is her staple when I'm gone. :)

See you all when I get back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cereal is my staple when Jared is gone, but mostly because I am relishing the guilt free excuse not to cook. :o) I actually never had cereal for dinner when I was single. Go figure.

Your daughter is pretty cute. Glad you had a good family week.

Sweet T said...

If you get a chance, when you are in Chicago, you should stop by the Intelligentsia on Broadway... I serve coffee there... during the night. It would be great to see you in my town!

Anonymous said...

Paul, I want you to know your wife crushed me in Scrabble. It was actually rather humiliating. You weren't joking when you said she was one smart cookie.

(Now I'm going back to my study of the scrabble dictionary).