Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Post and Read

The last couple of posts, I'm not sure I have that many readers... hence the lack of posting. I've actually been doing MORE journaling on paper lately... not that I'm all that profound on screen... but maybe I will start writing again.

Thought from last night: babies should be made with an "off" switch.

Seriously, think about this. You feed them, play with them... even put up with some fussing (after all, there are days when I'm fussing) and then, 8 p.m. comes... you pick them up, kiss them goodnight, read a story or two... evening ritual... then...

[CLICK]

No getting up and screaming for absolutely no apparent reason at 1 am... no early-morning wake up calls... if you want to sleep in that morning, no problem...

Morning comes, you get out of bed, have a shower and a bowl of cereal... you are ready to face the day... and [CLICK]

You could build them like Windows based machines (rather than Macs) so that they take some time to boot up... but of course they would get sick more often... so better use a Mac operating system.

I think this idea is a keeper.

3 comments:

jared said...

Yeah, I see it now: you put your baby to sleep and it's belly glows, slowly getting dimmer then brighter, until you wake it up in the morning. Kinda spooky, but effective.

paul said...

I didn't think of that... but hey... it would save money on the nightlight!

mdog said...

oh, the possibilities.

sick? oh, here's a new anti-virus download.

she should be cutting teeth? no problem, simply run an update.

attachment anxiety? maybe this security patch will do the trick.

and when she's older, no worries about taking the car out for a spin... just download a new driver.

:)